Tuesday 6 January 2015

Winter Accessories


Hi all! So it is has been freezing these past few days in New Brunswick, and although we are pretty used to cold maritime weather, it has been unusually warm this winter. So the drop to minus 20 in the last week or so has been quite the shock. Is it summer yet?

Unfortunately for most, this is just the beginning of what we have to look forward to! The one thing I do love about the cold weather are all the cute warm and cozy accessories to bundle up in. 












A scarf is the key to keeping warm and looking fab. I love how large and bulky this scarf is. It of course keeps me warm (its gigantic) and looks so cute! And duhhh its plaid, and looks super chic. The scarf is reversible with a sort of houndstooth pattern on the opposing side. 

Another winter style I love is a headband, keeps you warm, looks good, and can be easily worn inside or out. Therefore, if you're like me and covering up a bad hair day, you will not need to remove it through the course of your day:)

Gloves or mittens are a MUST in Canada, I think we can all agree. I love these gloves, since they're made of cotton I can easily move my hands while driving, unlike leather gloves or mittens. Oh and did I mention they're PLAID? 

The one thing I love most about my hunters, other than how fashionable they are, is that I can wear them in very high amounts of snow and not get my my feet and socks wet, as they're so tall. I of course love the wool hunter socks because they really do keep my toes nice and toasty. I also love wearing any high sock with these boots, especially wooly ones that hit just above the knee!

What are your favourite winter accessories?

-Alicia xo

photos by Kyle Hanson Photography


3 comments:

  1. Great post, style, and storytelling! Can't wait for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog post!!! I found a big bulky plaid scarf from old navy. It's not double sided which would definitely have been a bonus!! Awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I love the plaid scarves kate! Especially since they're like blankets:)

    ReplyDelete